Our company acts in accordance with the requirements of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter "General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR"). Our company ensures to apply all the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect and secure your data from any kind of accidental or improper processing. The processing of personal data is carried out exclusively in the context of our transaction / customer relationship, is limited to the absolutely necessary extent which is required in order to provide you our services safely and is governed by this personal data processing and protection policy (hereinafter referred to as "Policy").
- Which data are considered as personal?
‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); Such information is usually a name, a telephone number, a postal and electronic address etc. Subjects of the said data may only be natural persons.
- What does Personal Data Processing mean?
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
- Your identification data for the processing of the booking request. Your identification data which we may collect and process are your name and surname, and occasionally your identity or passport number.
- Contact details for the confirmation and processing of the booking request, or for responding to your information request regarding our services such as your phone number and email address.
- While browsing in our website, we may collect data relating to your interests and preferences, which help us to improve the user experience or help us to suggest specific services that you may be interested in.
- For which purposes and under which circumstances do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data exclusively for the following purposes:
- In order to contact you and confirm that we have received the booking request, in order to send you an offer in response to your request or in order to ask for clarifications with reference to the route details.
- In order to issue any required invoices (if applicable), which may be required for each transaction.
- In order to comply with our obligations which arise from the applicable laws and in particular with our tax obligations.
- In order to send you by e-mail marketing information or promotions or newsletters for our services that you may be interested in, provided that you have consented to the receipt of such marketing material.
- In order to return to you any advance payment price, in case of cancellation of the booking request.
- In order to respond to your questions addressed to us either by email or through our contact form or by phone.
- What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
Personal data processing is based on:
- a) The need to fulfill our obligations arising from the transaction that concerns you. For example, processing of your personal data that is conducted during processing of the booking request and its successful completion, is based on the performance of our common transaction (agreement for the provision of services).
- b) Your consent. For example, when you allow us to send marketing material to your email address (subscription to newsletter), we process your personal data on the lawful basis of your consent.
- c) Our obligation to comply with any regulations.
- Who have access to your personal data?
Our company allows that access to your data will have only our competent employees, who in accordance with their contractual obligations undertake to keep your data confidential, who will not allow their unlawful processing and who will process your data only up to the necessary extent and in accordance to the purposes of this policy.
In addition, our company will not transmit or disclose your data to third parties, unless:
- a) it is necessary for us in order to be able to deliver the requested service,
- b) it is mandatory based on our legal obligations (eg in accordance with our tax or legal obligations),
- c) it concerns processing carried out by the companies that cooperate with us and act as processors of your data on our behalf. However, we ensure a) that our partners are contractually bound by confidentiality obligations clauses, b) that they apply the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data and c) that they will not transmit your data to third parties without our prior consent.
Companies cooperating with us which may have access to your data are:
- The accounting company that undertakes on our behalf bookkeeping and compliance with our accounting obligations.
- The company that cooperates with us, which undertakes on our behalf the construction of our website and further provides support services.
- The banking company that cooperates with us and which processes your personal data such as your debit or credit card details, when paying for the requested services (via pos payment terminal).
- How long do we maintain your personal data?
Our company maintains your data only for the term that is required for us to fulfill the purpose for which they were given, ie for the term of your route. We inform you, however, that based on our regulatory obligations, and in particular based our tax obligations, maintenance of your data will in any case (if required) last for as long as our statutory obligations require.
In particular, when you have explicitly expressed your interest our company to send you marketing material, your statement remains valid until it is revoked.
- Are your data transmitted to third countries?
Our company does not transmit your data to third countries, ie to countries that are not member states of the European Union.
- Are your data safe?
Our company, recognizing the importance of your data security, has ensured to take all the appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to keep your data secured. In particular we have taken care to implement the security and prevention measures required to prevent, up to the possible extent, any unlawful or illegal processing of your data, any accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, prohibited transmission or access to your data by third parties.
- What rights do you have with reference to your personal data?
- Right of access to your personal data:
You have the right to be informed by us accurately and clearly if we collect and process your personal data. You may be informed, inter alia and in particular, of the purpose of the data processing, of the data categories that we collect, of your data sources and of their recipients, if any, of their maintenance period or, when this is not possible, of the maintenance criteria, of your ability to exercise the right to rectification, to erasure, to restriction and right to object to their processing, of the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and of the existence of any relevant guarantees protection.
- Right to data rectification
If you realize that your provided data are inaccurate and need to be corrected, you may ask us by contacting us in any of the available contact details, the rectification of such data.
- Right to data erasure or ‘right to be forgotten’
You have the right to ask us to erase your data. We will proceed with their immediate erasure provided that their maintenance is not necessary for the fulfillment of our legal obligations. In particular, if you wish to revoke your consent and provided that your consent is the only legal basis for the collection and processing of your data, we will delete your data as soon as we receive your request.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to ask us to deliver the provided data in an easily readable form or to ask us to transmit them to another controller.
- Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction on the processing of your personal data in case a) their accuracy is questioned and for the required term to verify the accuracy of your data, b) the processing is illegal, c) we no longer need your data, d) you have objections to their automated processing.
- Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time, and in particular you have the right at any time to revoke your consent to process your data when processing of your data is based on your consent. In the event of your objection, termination of your data processing will be made immediately unless there are other compelling and lawful reasons that prevail over your right.
In particular, if your personal data are used for direct marketing purposes of our services, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data relating to such marketing, including profiling, if related to such direct marketing.
For example, if you receive newsletters about our services at your email address, you can choose to stop their receipt by clicking at the relevant link found at the end of each such message.
- How can you exercise your rights?
- Do we use automated decision making / including profiling when processing your data?
We do not make decisions, nor do we conduct automated profiling, based on an automated process when processing your data, except in case of using "cookies" on our website.
- Applicable law and dispute resolution
In any case that you consider that our company has violated the rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).